Westerra Equipment has been selling, renting, and fixing equipment for over 100 years. We also train people in all corners of British Columbia on how to operate machinery safely and effectively. From forklifts to skid steers, excavators, loaders, and dump trucks, Westerra Equipment services industries such as warehousing, milling, construction, forestry, recycling, and more with their equipment needs. Join our award-winning company and experience working at a Gold Certified Canada’s Best Managed Company, and one of BC’s Top Employers.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position oversees the Service Department of the local branch of Westerra Equipment in Abbotsford. This position will work closely with the Operations Manager to support high levels of customer experience, employee engagement, and profitable revenue growth.
- Manage a team of mobile and shop based technicians on all aspects of productivity, scheduling, and billing;
- Liaise directly with customers providing equipment repair updates and accurate costing expectations;
- Develop and work within budgets to maintain a profitable operation under the best practice industry model;
- Drive team productivity to reach or exceed monthly targets;
- Facilitate product technical support to technicians from OEM’s;
- Monitor technical training requirements of the team and arrange training when needed;
- Promote and maintain a safe and clean working environment, complying with all relevant legislation;
- Maintain tool inventories including software testing and serviceability checks;
- Oversee Warranty Administration;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Talent management responsibilities
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 3-5 years experience in a supervisory or service manager role;
- High school diploma;
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Skills in diagnostics and repairs on spark ignition LPG engines and systems, diesel compression ignition engines, hydraulics, hydrostatic drives, and electrical systems, and electric powered industrial trucks;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Ability to develop and maintain a highly effective team;
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- Strong execution and communication skills both verbal and written;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to contribute positively to the team environment with willingness and desire to learn;
Who We Are: Our people are at the core of what we do. We take the time to hire the right people who share our 5 core values, train them, coach them, and reward them for their successes.
- Build Trust – Build trust with others and & each other.
- Be a Team Player – Commit to working together to win.
- Be Customer Focused – “Wow” customers so they become “Raving Fans”.
- Support Community – Care for our people, our community, and the planet.
- Deliver Results – Know what you need to do and get it done.
Due to the volume of applicants, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Westerra Equipment.