Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic
Westerra Equipment (https://www.westerraequipment.com ) has been selling, renting, and fixing equipment in British Columbia for many years and now is expanding in Alberta. We also train people in all corners of British Columbia on how to operate machinery safely and effectively. From forklifts to skid steers, excavators, loaders and dump trucks, Westerra Equipment services industries such as warehousing, milling, construction, forestry, recycling and more with their equipment needs. Join our award-winning company and experience working at a Gold Certified Canada’s Best Managed Company, and one of BC’s Top Employers.
Are you interested in servicing a diverse range of equipment, including Linde, Doosan, Clark, and Vermeer? From skid steers to excavators and more, our service teams handle it all. We are looking for full time and permanent Heavy Duty Mechanics to join our Westerra Dealership team. Reporting to the Operations Manager, a successful candidate is customer-focused and a team player who can work independently. No matter which industry you have experience in, we hone your transferable skills and teach you all about the ever-changing world of equipment!
- Diagnosis /Fault finding of earth moving and material handling equipment.
- Repair and maintenance of earth moving and material handling equipment according to OEM specifications.
- Check for the proper operation of earth moving and material handling equipment.
- Repair or replace defective parts.
- Clean lubricate and routine maintenance on earth moving and material handling equipment.
- Perform routine scheduled Planned Maintenance (PM) services, appraisals, and Safety Inspections.
- Complete all necessary timecards and report documentation as required.
- Complete shop work as required by Supervisor's direction when required.
- Communicate repair status and requirements with customers and Supervisors alike.
- Excel the 'customer experience' by being always professional.
- Order and track all parts request to meet the customer expectation.
- Complete jobs as assigned. Some out of town at customer site visits might be required.
- Proactively seek opportunities to grow customer accounts while carrying out your duties.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Several years experience as a heavy-duty mechanic.
- General ability to carry out diagnostics and repairs on diesel engines, hydraulic and electrical systems, as well as reading schematics.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to contribute positively to the team environment.
- Willingness and desire to learn.
- A minimum of intermediate English language skills (spoken and written).
- A valid driver's license and current Driver’s abstract may be required.
- Red Seal heavy-duty mechanics OR journeyman from other jurisdictions.
- Journeyman qualifications that would be accepted would include but not limited to Heavy-Duty Mechanic, Heavy-Duty Technician, Diesel Mechanic, Automotive Mechanic, Vehicle Mechanic, Automotive Electrician.
Benefits and Perks:
- Wages up to $50.88 per hour base pay depending on the experience and qualifications:
- Extended benefits
- 3 weeks vacation
- RRSP matching plan
Who We Are: Our people are at the core of what we do. We take the time to hire the right people who share our 5 core values, train them, coach them, and reward them for their successes.
- Build Trust – Build trust with others and & each other.
- Be a Team Player – Commit to working together to win.
- Be Customer Focused – “Wow” customers so they become “Raving Fans”.
- Support Community – Care for our people, our community, and the planet.
- Deliver Results – Know what you need to do and get it done.
*By applying, you consent to share your name and email with our third-party assessment provider only for assessment purposes if any employment assessments are required. Your data will be treated confidentially and not used for any other purpose. Your participation is optional. If you have concerns, contact our HR department.
*Due to the volume of applicants, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Westerra Equipment.