Westerra Equipment sells, rents, and fixes equipment in British Columbia. We also train people in all corners of British Columbia on how to operate machinery safely and effectively. From forklifts to skid steers, excavators, loaders, and dump trucks, Westerra Equipment services industries such as warehousing, milling, construction, forestry, recycling, and more with their equipment needs. Join our award-winning company and experience working at Gold Certified Canada’s Best Managed Company, A Great Place to Work, and one of BC’s Top Employers.
Reporting to the VP of Operations of Wesgroup Equipment, this position oversees and grows the operations of the Westerra Equipment branch in Abbotsford. You will also work closely with the local team to manage performance, advise and pitch in to support high levels of customer experience and generate profitable revenue growth in service, parts, and rentals.
- Manage all aspects of business operations which include service, parts, and rentals (plus operator training if required);
- Develop highly engaged teams in each department through effective recruitment, training, scheduling, performance management, and recognition activities;
- Actively promote and instill a customer focus throughout all departments and branches;
- Excel the customer experience through high levels of adoption of the customer experience standards and proactive approach in all teams;
- Proactively and enthusiastically engage customers in dialogue to understand needs, follow up on concerns and issues, and grow customer accounts in all areas of our business;
- Understand and effectively manage the business financials throughout the year to maintain and obtain profitability in all departments;
- Drive team productivity to meet and or exceed monthly targets (revenue, absorption, etc.);
- Promote and maintain a safe working environment, complying with all health and safety policies, procedures, and legislation;
- Other duties as assigned.
Talent Management Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence to company Human Resources practices and procedures and fostering of positive ongoing relationships with all employees;
- In conjunction and consultation with the HR department, ensure all necessary training and education is kept current, updated, and improved;
- In consultation with the HR department, is responsible for the preparation and implementation of staff performance reviews, staff development, objective setting, and succession planning;
- Train, develop, mentor, and coach junior team members;
- Responsible for maintaining efficient and productive staffing levels;
- Ensure the companies “ways of working” are modeled and adopted throughout their team; the incumbent will work with the company’s values to deliver a positive, constructive work environment;
- Responsible for the safety of all their staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Previous experience and success in delivering results as a service manager and or operations/branch manager;
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field.
- Proven ability to build high performing teams;
- Ability to meet and exceed customer expectations;
- Ability to understand business financials and levers for improvement;
- Ability to build relationships in person, via phone, and alternate methods of communication;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Highly motivated, self-starter, enthusiastic, and well organized;
- Strong problem-solving skills with a focus on improving processes through a collaborative approach;
- A proactive autonomous individual able to set own high standards and succeed.
Who We Are: Our people are at the core of what we do. We take the time to hire the right people who share our five core values, train them, coach them, and reward them for their successes.
- Build Trust – Build trust with others and & each other.
- Be a Team Player – Commit to working together to win.
- Be Customer Focused – “Wow” customers, so they become “Raving Fans.”
- Support Community – Care for our people, our community, and the planet.
- Deliver Results – Know what you need to do and get it done.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by Nov 15th, 2022. Thank you.
Due to the volume of applicants, please accept our apologies in advance, as only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. We sincerely appreciate your interest in our company. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Westerra Equipment.