Sales Team Lead - Rentals
Westerra Equipment has been selling, renting, and fixing equipment for over 100 years. We also train people in all corners of British Columbia on how to operate machinery safely and effectively. From forklifts to skid steers, excavators, loaders and dump trucks, Westerra Equipment services industries such as warehousing, milling, construction, forestry, recycling and more with their equipment needs. Join our award-winning company and experience working at a Gold Certified Canada’s Best Managed Company, and one of BC’s Top Employers.
This role will grow rental revenues by offering different rental equipment and attachment solutions that support our customers’ business needs. This role is highly customer focused and will Build Trust with customers by meeting or exceeding their expectations, so they become raving fans and our company is their first call for all their rental needs. The incumbent is a Team Player who is committed to working together with sales and operations teams to identify and develop accounts. The representative offers the Company’s full range of equipment as a rental solution: Compact and Heavy Construction, Material Handling, Arborist, Landscaping, Recycling and Forestry Equipment and sublets equipment when it is not available through our dealership.
- This position is a quota carrying sales leader role;
- Actively pursue and seek out equipment, services and support business in order to meet and exceed sales objectives;
- Use effective prospecting techniques including cold calling, scheduled follow ups and qualification of leads for equipment, rentals, service and parts;
- Develop and/or maintain strong business relationships with clients and others in the industry;
- Identify creative solutions to meet and exceed client expectations;
- Conduct product demonstrations and sales presentations in a professional manner;
- Create proposals and quotations in a professional manner that is consistent with the company brand;
- Successfully negotiate and close deals;
- Utilize and ensure team discipline on the use of resources to maintain accurate records of sales calls, prospect interactions, client files and sales activity information;
- Assure that we have the correct inventory available in the different branches to maximize sales revenue and inventory turns;
- Order units from the OEM and track deliveries;
- Regularly provide detailed and accurate sales activity information to the Sales Manager;
- Work closely with others in the business to ensure a team approach to achieve and maintain high levels of client service;
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers;
- Coach the sales team on sales process and methodology using weekly calls, monthly meetings and joint calls/ride a-longs; to ensure that they meet or exceed budgets;
- Plans, directs and coordinates the efforts of the sales team toward the accomplishment of objectives;
- Creates and fosters a sales culture of accountability and performance;
- Ensures maximum sales volume at minimum cost;
- Manages team sales budget and regularly provide detailed and accurate sales activity and forecasting information to Sales Manager;
- Works closely with Sales Manager to develop business and staffing plans that tie directly into corporate objectives;
- Monitors customer, market and competitor activity;
- Further develop and or maintain existing client relationships to ensure repeat business is captured;
- Exceeds customer expectations and contributes to a high level of customer satisfaction;
- Develop strong business relationships with clients, others in the industry and internal partners such as service, parts, marketing, etc.;
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners to develop/maintain key relationships;
- Other duties, as assigned.
Talent Management Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence to company Human Resources practices and procedures and fostering of positive ongoing relationships with all employees;
- In conjunction and consultation with the HR department, ensure all necessary training and education is kept current, updated and improved;
- In consultation with the HR department, is responsible for the preparation and implementation of staff performance reviews, staff development, objective setting, and succession planning;
- Train and develop the team thru formal and informal coaching plans,
- Responsible for maintaining efficient and productive staffing levels;
- Ensure the companies “ways of working” are modeled and adopted throughout their team; the incumbent will work with the company’s values to deliver a positive constructive work environment;
- Responsible for the safety of all their staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven sales management experience;
- Able to develop and clearly articulate value added solutions;
- Strong forecasting and pipeline management;
- Results oriented and effective decision making ability;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- High level of customer focus;
- Sound knowledge of problem solving techniques;
- Excellent presentation and communications skills;
- Builds and maintains relationships;
- Recruitment skills.
- 5 + years of successful sales experience in sales of equipment or similar machinery/industry;
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline considered an asset;
- 2 - 5 years’ experience in managing and coaching sales teams;
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline;
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
- Base salary + Commission
- Extended Benefits
- 3 weeks vacation
- RRSP Matching plan
- Build trust – with customers and each other;
- Be a team player – commit to working together to win;
- Be customer-focused – “wow” customers so they become raving fans;
- Support community – care for our people, our community and our planet;
- Deliver results – know what you need to do and get it done.
The Sales Team Lead is based out of the Edmonton office and works 40 hours on average per week Monday to Friday. Some travel to other location in BC and the US will be required.