Outside Sales Representative
Westerra Equipment has been selling, renting, and fixing equipment for over 100 years. We also train people in all corners of British Columbia on how to operate machinery safely and effectively. From forklifts to skid steers, excavators, loaders and dump trucks, Westerra Equipment services industries such as warehousing, milling, construction, forestry, recycling and more with their equipment needs. Join our award-winning company and experience working at a Gold Certified Canada’s Best Managed Company, and one of BC’s Top Employers.
The Sales Representative will work collaboratively with the Material Handling and will be proactive in completing sales activities to represent, market and sell our products and services to new and existing clients.
- Actively pursue and seek out equipment, services and support business in order to meet and exceed sales objectives;
- Use effective prospecting techniques including cold calling, scheduled follow ups and qualification of leads for equipment, rentals, service and parts;
- Develop and/or maintain strong business relationships with clients and others in the industry;
- Identify creative solutions to meet and exceed client expectations;
- Conduct product demonstrations and sales presentations in a professional manner;
- Able to clearly articulate features, services and benefits that are in line with customer needs;
- Create proposals and quotations in a professional manner that is consistent with the company brand;
- Successfully negotiate and close deals;
- Utilize online resources to maintain accurate records of sales calls, prospect interactions, client files and sales activity information;
- Regularly provide detailed and accurate sales activity information to the Sales Manager;
- Work closely with others in the business to ensure a team approach to achieve and maintain high levels of client service;
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers;
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 3-5 years of successful sales experience in sales;
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline will be an asset;
- High school diploma;
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
- Base plus commission
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Extended benefits
- RRSP matching plan
- company truck/car
Who We Are: Our people are at the core of what we do. We take the time to hire the right people who share our 5 core values, train them, coach them, and reward them for their successes.
- Build Trust – Build trust with others and & each other.
- Be a Team Player – Commit to working together to win.
- Be Customer Focused – “Wow” customers so they become “Raving Fans”.
- Support Community – Care for our people, our community, and the planet.
- Deliver Results – Know what you need to do and get it done.
*By applying, you consent to share your name and email with our third-party assessment provider only for assessment purposes if any employment assessments are required. Your data will be treated confidentially and not used for any other purpose. Your participation is optional. If you have concerns, contact our HR department.
*Due to the volume of applicants, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Westerra Equipment.