Westerra Equipment, as part of Wesgroup Equipment, has been named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, BC’s Top Employers and Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers three years in a row! We are a great place to work where individual effort is recognized.
Our team is growing and we have an opportunity available for a Sales Representative to join our Compact Construction team. If you are customer-focused, excited to help customers find the right equipment solution, and passionate about construction equipment, look no further. We have a fast-paced, dynamic team environment and want to hear from you!
- Actively pursue and seek out new business in order to meet and exceed sales objectives
- Use effective prospecting techniques including cold calling, scheduled follow-ups, and qualification of lead
- Develop and or maintain strong business relationships with clients and others in the industry
- Identify creative solutions to meet and exceed client expectations
- Conduct product demonstrations and sales presentations in a professional manner
- Able to clearly articulate features and benefits that are in line with customer needs
- Resolve routine and complex client inquiries and requests
- Create proposals and quotations in a professional manner that is consistent with the company brand
- Successfully negotiate and close deals
- Utilize online resources to maintain accurate records of sales calls, prospect interactions, client files, and sales activity information
- Regularly provide detailed and accurate sales activity information to Sales Manager
- Work closely with others in the business to ensure a team approach to achieve and maintain high levels of client service
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- 4+ years of successful sales experience in sales of construction or material handling equipment or similar machinery
- Knowledge of the sales process, effective decision-making ability, and strong negotiation skills
- High level of customer focus and relationship skills
- Sound knowledge of problem solving techniques
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Requires a valid driver’s license
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline
Who are we? People matter – a lot. Our culture is friendly, collaborative and we have each other’s backs. No one works in isolation. Everyone matters. For your drive, hard work, and cool head we offer good pay and benefits, opportunities to grow, and a great work experience.
Due to the volume of applicants, please accept our apologies in advance, as only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. We sincerely appreciate your interest in our company. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Westerra Equipment.