Westerra Equipment has been selling, renting, and fixing equipment for over 100 years. We also train people in all corners of British Columbia on how to operate machinery safely and effectively. From forklifts to skid steers, excavators, loaders and dump trucks, Westerra Equipment services industries such as warehousing, milling, construction, forestry, recycling and more with their equipment needs. Join our award-winning company and experience working at a Gold Certified Canada’s Best Managed Company, and one of BC’s Top Employers.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position oversees the Service Department of Westerra Equipment. This position will work closely with the management team to support high levels of customer experience, employee engagement and profitable revenue growth.
- Manage a team of technicians on all aspects of productivity, scheduling and billing.
- Liaise directly with customers providing equipment repair updates and accurate costing expectations.
- Provide follow up with both internal and external customers for technical related issues.
- Develop and work within budgets to maintain a profitable operation under best practice industry model.
- Drive team productivity to reach or exceed monthly targets.
- Actively support employees to ensure high levels of teamwork, engagement and customer service.
- Facilitate product technical support to technicians from OEM’s.
- Monitor technical training requirements of team and arrange training when needed.
- Promote and maintain a safe and clean working environment, complying with all relevant legislation.
- Maintain tool inventories including software testing and serviceability checks.
- Deliver differentiation via our G.R.I.T brand through consistent, exceptional measured customer service.
- Proactively seek opportunities to grow our service business.
- Execute initiatives that contribute to long-term operational excellence and maximize efficiencies including service, warranty programs and parts operations at the branch.
- Oversee Warranty Administration.
- Other duties as assigned.
Talent Management Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence to company Human Resources practices and procedures and fostering of positive ongoing relationships with all employees.
- In conjunction and consultation with the HR department, ensure all necessary training and education is kept current, updated and improved.
- In consultation with the HR department, is responsible for the preparation and implementation of staff performance reviews, staff development, objective setting, and succession planning.
- Train, develop, mentor and coach junior team members.
- Responsible for maintaining efficient and productive staffing levels.
- Ensure the companies “ways of working” are modeled and adopted throughout their team; the incumbent will work with the company’s values to deliver a positive constructive work environment.
- Responsible for the safety of all their staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skills in diagnostics and repairs on spark ignition LPG engines and systems, diesel compression ignition engines, hydraulics, hydrostatic drives and electrical systems, and electric powered industrial trucks.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain a highly effective team.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong execution and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to contribute positively to the team environment with willingness and desire to learn.
- A proactive autonomous individual driven by own high standards and desire to succeed.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a supervisory or service manager role.
- High school diploma.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- 3 weeks vacation.
- Extended Benefits.
- RRSP Matching Plan
- Build trust – with customers and each other;
- Be a team player – commit to working together to win;
- Be customer-focused – “wow” customers so they become raving fans;
- Support community – care for our people, our community and our planet;
- Deliver results – know what you need to do and get it done.
The Service Manager is based out of the Abbotsford office and works 40 hours on average per week Monday to Friday. Some travel may be required.
*By applying, you consent to share your name and email with our third-party assessment provider only for assessment purposes if any employment assessments are required. Your data will be treated confidentially and not used for any other purpose. Your participation is optional. If you have concerns, contact our HR department.
*Due to the volume of applicants, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Westerra Equipment.