Westerra Equipment has been selling, renting, and fixing equipment for over 100 years. We also train people in all corners of British Columbia on how to operate machinery safely and effectively. From forklifts to skid steers, excavators, loaders, and dump trucks, Westerra Equipment services industries such as warehousing, milling, construction, forestry, recycling, and more with their equipment needs. Join our award-winning company and experience working at a Gold Certified Canada’s Best Managed Company, and one of BC’s Top Employers.
An opportunity has been available to join our friendly, and hard-working team in Victoria for a “Yard Operations Coordinator”. The Yard Operations Coordinator will work with the local branch to maintaining the Yard, respond to customer inquiries, and provide exceptional customer service.
- Provide exceptional customer service;
- Maintain accurate location of equipment in the database;
- Maintain records of all transactions in the yard;
- Wash and clean equipment as needed while maintaining a clean work area & tools;
- Respond to in-person and phone rental inquiries in a timely, accurate, and professional manner;
- Process rental work orders and payments as required;
- Proactively monitor existing rental fleet and utilization while managing maintenance on all rental units;
- Checks condition and completeness of all incoming and outgoing rental equipment, documenting with inspection logs and pictures;
- Receive new and used machinery verifying quantity and quality of the equipment denoting supporting documentation as required;
- Initiating over, shortage, damage processes with sales coordinators as encountered/required;
- Responsible for pre-delivery preparation of sales machinery;
- Complete stock verification checks for the sales coordinators;
- Coordinate and participate in machinery and attachment stock counts (minimum once per year);
- Maintain the equipment storage areas cleanliness and organization ensuring all equipment is moved from and stored in the proper locations and housekeeping duties are completed in a timely manner;
- Other related duties, as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High school diploma;
- Valid driver license required;
- Familiarity with Compact Construction equipment is a plus.
- Operate forklifts, Bobcat, pallet jacks in an indoor and outdoor environment (training will be provided);
- Physical exertion required, including, but not limited to: walking, standing, stooping, bending, and lifting up to 75 pounds;
- Strong Computer Skills;
- Ability to multitask and stay organized in a fast-paced environment;
- Positive attitude & high attention to detail;
- Excellent communication abilities – verbal and written.
Who We Are: Our people are at the core of what we do. We take the time to hire the right people who share our 5 core values, train them, coach them, and reward them for their successes.
- Build Trust – Build trust with others and & each other.
- Be a Team Player – Commit to working together to win.
- Be Customer Focused – “Wow” customers so they become “Raving Fans”.
- Support Community – Care for our people, our community, and the planet.
- Deliver Results – Know what you need to do and get it done.
Due to the volume of applicants, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Westerra Equipment.