Sales Team Lead
Westerra Equipment has been selling, renting, and fixing equipment in British Columbia for over 100 years. We are a growing equipment dealer with an extensive range of products including forklifts, skid steers, excavators, loaders, and dump trucks, Join our award-winning company and experience working at Gold Certified Canada’s Best Managed Company, A Great Place to Work, and one of BC’s Top Employers.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Sales Team Lead within Vermeer. If you enjoy developing your leadership skills while being a sales representative, we would like to hear from you!
- This position is a quota carrying sales leader role;
- Actively pursue and seek out equipment, services and support business in order to meet and exceed sales objectives;
- Use effective prospecting techniques including cold calling, scheduled follow ups and qualification of leads for equipment, rentals, service and parts;
- Develop and/or maintain strong business relationships with clients and others in the industry;
- Identify creative solutions to meet and exceed client expectations;
- Conduct product demonstrations and sales presentations in a professional manner;
- Create proposals and quotations in a professional manner that is consistent with the company brand;
- Successfully negotiate and close deals;
- Utilize and ensure team discipline on the use of resources to maintain accurate records of sales calls, prospect interactions, client files and sales activity information;
- Assure that we have the correct inventory available in the different branches to maximize sales revenue and inventory turns;
- Order units from the OEM and track deliveries;
- Regularly provide detailed and accurate sales activity information to the Sales Manager;
- Work closely with others in the business to ensure a team approach to achieve and maintain high levels of client service;
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers;
- Coach the sales team on sales process and methodology using weekly calls, monthly meetings and joint calls/ride a-longs; to ensure that they meet or exceed budgets
- Plans, directs and coordinates the efforts of the sales team toward the accomplishment of objectives;
- Creates and fosters a sales culture of accountability and performance;
- Ensures maximum sales volume at minimum cost;
- Manages team sales budget and regularly provide detailed and accurate sales activity and forecasting information to Sales Manager
- Works closely with Sales Manager to develop business and staffing plans that tie directly into corporate objectives;
- Monitors customer, market and competitor activity;
- Further develop and or maintain existing client relationships to ensure repeat business is captured;
- Exceeds customer expectations and contributes to a high level of customer satisfaction;
- Develop strong business relationships with clients, others in the industry and internal partners such as service, parts, marketing, etc.;
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners to develop/maintain key relationships;
- Other duties, as assigned.
Talent Management Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence to company Human Resources practices and procedures and fostering of positive ongoing relationships with all employees;
- In conjunction and consultation with the HR department, ensure all necessary training and education is kept current, updated and improved;
- In consultation with the HR department, is responsible for the preparation and implementation of staff performance reviews, staff development, objective setting, and succession planning;
- Train and develop the team thru formal and informal coaching plans,
- Responsible for maintaining efficient and productive staffing levels;
- Ensure the companies “ways of working” are modeled and adopted throughout their team; the incumbent will work with the company’s values to deliver a positive constructive work environment;
- Responsible for the safety of all their staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven sales management experience;
- Able to develop and clearly articulate value added solutions;
- Strong forecasting and pipeline management;
- Results oriented and effective decision making ability;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- High level of customer focus;
- Sound knowledge of problem solving techniques;
- Excellent presentation and communications skills;
- Builds and maintains relationships;
- Recruitment skills
Training, Education and Experience:
- 5 + years of successful sales experience in sales of equipment or similar machinery/industry;
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline considered an asset;
- 2 - 5 years’ experience in managing and coaching sales teams
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
Who We Are: Our people are at the core of what we do. We take the time to hire the right people who share our five core values, train them, coach them, and reward them for their successes.
- Build Trust – Build trust with others and & each other.
- Be a Team Player – Commit to working together to win.
- Be Customer Focused – “Wow” customers, so they become “Raving Fans.”
- Support Community – Care for our people, our community, and the planet.
- Deliver Results – Know what you need to do and get it done.
Due to the volume of applicants, please accept our apologies in advance, as only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. We sincerely appreciate your interest in our company. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Westerra Equipment.