Red Seal Heavy-Duty Mechanic
Westerra Equipment has been selling, renting, and fixing equipment for over 100 years. We also train people in all corners of British Columbia on how to operate machinery safely and effectively. From forklifts to skid steers, excavators, loaders and dump trucks, Westerra Equipment services industries such as warehousing, milling, construction, forestry, recycling and more with their equipment needs. Join our award-winning company and experience working at a Gold Certified Canada’s Best Managed Company, and one of BC’s Top Employers.
Reporting directly to the Service Manager, the Heavy-Duty Technician will be responsible for troubleshooting and overseeing repairs on a variety of equipment in a safe, effective, accurate and timely manner.
- Efficiently and effectively evaluate the working condition of, diagnose, assemble/disassemble, order parts for, and repair equipment;
- Utilize OEM diagnosis software and interface tools to repair of Doosan Heavy Equipment, Vermeer Heavy and Tree Equipment, Bobcat excavators/loaders;
- Work closely with the OEM Technical support group;
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals;
- Perform routine scheduled, planned maintenance services and safety inspections;
- Make recommendations regarding the extent of repairs and suggest methods of improvement;
- Build and maintain customer relationships through Service Advisor;
- Road test equipment and check attachment operation as required;
- Complete detailed service reports, time cards, warranty documentation and other documentation;
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction, through quality of repairs;
- Think logically and keep up with changes in technology;
- Employ workplace health and safety practices at all times;
- Be motivated and able to work in a challenging environment with minimal supervision;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Repair and maintenance of mechanical equipment as outlined above;
- Excellent diagnostic skills;
- Self-motivated and can work with minimal supervision;
- Superb customer service skills;
- Team Oriented.
Training, Education and Experience:
- Red Seal Certification as Heavy Duty Mechanic..
- Experience in Electrical systems and Electronic Controls.
- Experience in Diesel engine service, repair and overhaul.
- Thorough knowledge and experience trouble shooting and repairing of Hydraulic Componentry and Systems, Hydrostatic Drives, Automatic, Power shift and Standard Transmissions, and driveline componentry.
- Welding experience as asset.
- This is a Unionized position, and the successful candidate will enjoy a competitive remuneration package with the benefits of having membership in the International Union of Operating Engineers.
- Hourly wage of $50.88 per hour plus road premium and pension contribution.
- Benefits: Medical, Insurance, Dental, Pension, etc.
- Build trust – with customers and each other;
- Be a team player – commit to working together to win;
- Be customer-focused – “wow” customers so they become raving fans;
- Support community – care for our people, our community and our planet;
- Deliver results – know what you need to do and get it done.
The Service Technician is based out of the Abbotsford office and works 40 hours on average per week Monday to Friday.
*By applying, you consent to share your name and email with our third-party assessment provider only for assessment purposes if any employment assessments are required. Your data will be treated confidentially and not used for any other purpose. Your participation is optional. If you have concerns, contact our HR department.
*Due to the volume of applicants, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Westerra Equipment.