Westerra Equipment, as part of Wesgroup Equipment, has been named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, BC’s Top Employers and Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers for 2018 and 2019! We are a great place to work where individual effort is recognized.
We are currently looking for a Sales Manager to oversee the Heavy Construction Equipment Unit. Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, the Sales Manager will develop his/her own territory as well as manage, coach and lead a team of sales representatives. If your goal is to always meet and exceed sales revenues, have proven leadership experience, are a team player and customer satisfaction is your number one priority, apply now!
- Works closely with the Vice President of Sales to develop business and staffing plans
- Proactively develops a sales pipeline and meets own and team’s sales targets
- Plans, directs and coordinates the efforts of the sales team toward the accomplishment of objectives
- Creates and fosters a sales culture of accountability and performance
- Maintains and constantly improves the organization’s competitive position
- Ensures maximum sales volume at minimum cost
- Manages team sales budget
- Hires and develops sales representatives
- Defines and coordinates sales training programs to enable staff to achieve their potential
- Coaches and mentors sales team on sales process and methodology
- Exceeds customer expectations and contributes to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Provides detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Provides weekly reports on team and individual performance
- Conducts weekly and quarterly sales meetings
- Monitors customer, market and competitor activity
- Works closely with the marketing function
- Manages key customer relationships and participates in closing strategic opportunities
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of the sales process and CRM systems
- Proven experience in building and maintaining relationships
- Strong forecasting and funnel management
- Results oriented with strong negotiation skills
- High level of customer focus
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Require a valid driver’s license
Experience and Education:
- 5 – 7 years of successful sales experience in sales of heavy construction equipment or similar machinery
- 3-5 years’ experience in managing small teams or in a supervisory role
- Post secondary education in a related discipline
Who are we? People matter – a lot. Our culture is friendly, collaborative and we have each other’s backs. No one works in isolation. Everyone matters. For your drive, hard work, and cool head we offer good pay and benefits, opportunities to grow and a great work experience.
Due to the volume of applicants, please accept our apologies in advance, as only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. We sincerely appreciate your interest in our company. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Westerra Equipment.