Westerra Equipment, as part of Wesgroup Equipment, has been named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, BC’s Top Employers and Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers in 2018 and 2019! We are a great place to work where individual effort is recognized.
We have an exciting opportunity available for an Area Sales Manager. This is a new position, reporting to the Sales Manager for Compact Construction. You will actively sell as well as manage a small team based out of the Lower Mainland. You will work closely with the Sales Manager and the VP of Sales to manage the sales process, the customer experience and grow revenue and profitability.
Use effective prospecting techniques, including cold calls, qualify leads, and scheduled follow ups to actively seek out new equipment sales.
Successfully negotiate and close deals.
- Utilize online resources to maintain accurate records of sales calls, prospect interactions, and sales activity information. Experience with Sales Force will be an asset.
- Develop strong relationships with customers and internally with service, parts and marketing to ensure high levels of customer service are provided.
- Work closely with management to develop business and staffing plans.
- Plan and direct the efforts of the sales team toward the accomplishment of objectives
- Ensure maximum sales volume at minimum cost and manages to the budget
- Hire, train and develop sales representatives and manage the team to deliver profitable growth
- Coach and mentor team on our sales process using joint calls/ride a-longs, data on activities, weekly and monthly meetings.
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers to develop and maintain relationships.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understands and is able to adhere to a sales process
- Strong forecasting and funnel management
- Results oriented
- Strong negotiation skills
- High level of customer focus and able to build and maintain relationships
- Sound knowledge of problem solving techniques and effective decision making ability
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- A valid driver’s license
Experience and Education:
- 5 + years of successful sales experience in sales of equipment or similar machinery/industry
- Industry experience is an asset
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline
- 2 - 5 years’ experience in managing small teams and or coaching or mentoring others
Who are we? People matter – a lot. Our culture is friendly, collaborative and we have each other’s backs. No one works in isolation. Everyone matters. For your drive, hard work, and cool head we offer good pay and benefits, opportunities to grow and a great work experience.
Due to the volume of applicants, please accept our apologies in advance, as only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. We sincerely appreciate your interest in our company. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Westerra Equipment.