Westerra Equipment, as part of Wesgroup Equipment, has been named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, BC’s Top Employers and Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers for three years in a row! We are a great place to work where individual effort is recognized.
We are currently looking for an experienced Shipper Receiver to join our team in Abbotsford. We are looking for an organized, team player with a positive attitude and a high attention to detail. If you like working with a great group of people, providing exceptional customer service and having fun while you do it, apply today!
- Shipping and receiving, logging and tracking of general inbound/outbound freight
- Shipping document creation, tracking and filing
- Processing of emergency orders, branch transfers, interim orders
- Ensure that received goods match purchase requisitions and meet company’s standards.
- Perform warehouse functions, which may include loading, picking, packing, scanning, shipping/receiving, general cleaning
- Must be able to deal with day to day paperwork in a warehouse environment (i.e. picking sheets, waybills, logs)
- Assist in processing yearly and interim returns in accordance with Vendor policies
- Ensure all customer orders are complete, documentation is accurate and distributed, and products are shipped according to delivery schedule.
- Professional communication via phone, email and in person with customers/vendors
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- Be responsible for meeting delivery deadlines & customer commitments
- Ability and desire to learn different Logistical Programs and shipping protocols.
- A Safe Attitude and comply with Health and Safety practices and procedures including wearing PPE such as steel toed work boots or shoes
- General inventory stock management
- Accept other responsibilities as required to support the company’s business needs
- Typical hours of work; Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm with occasional hours required on Saturday
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Previous experience in shipping/receiving is an asset
- Experience in warehousing and distribution environment is a plus
- Excellent attention to detail and a positive attitude, with good interpersonal skills
- Excellent general computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Superb customer service skills and strong organizational skills
- Good data entry and data management/reconciliation abilities
- Ability to work in a quick-paced group environment
- Ability to learn and adapt to multiple data, information and lookup systems used by different vendors
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds, and capable of standing or sitting for long periods of time at different desk or counter heights and on varying surfaces
- Operate forklift, pallet jacks in indoor and outdoor environment (training will be provided)
Who are we? People matter – a lot. Our culture is friendly, collaborative and we have each other’s backs. No one works in isolation. Everyone matters. You can use your smarts to solve a problem or drive improvements for our customers and our team. For your drive, hard work, and cool we offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, opportunities to grow and a great work experience.
Due to the volume of applicants, please accept our apologies in advance, as only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. We sincerely appreciate your interest in our company. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Westerra Equipment.